Sunday, 2 February 2014

The Liebster Award!

A little while ago, I got nominated for the Liebster Award, and I was SUPER excited - however, I got so busy with real-life stuff, I wasn't able to make my own nominations and do the whole Liebster-shebang (*bad Shawna*).  Lightning struck twice, when I got nominated a few days ago, and was reminded about what a slow-poke I was, when nominated the first time, so I better do an awesome double-duty post.


The Liebster Award is an award you can nominate for bloggers who have  a following of 200 or less, who you think have been doing a great job in the blogging community.  It's a great way to promote other blogs, help grow some followers, and share some of your favourite blog treasures.

The rules are as follows:
  • Share the name and a blog link to the person (or people, in my case) who so graciously nominated you - A BIG thank you goes out to the lovely ladies who nominated me:  Kirby from The Mercurial Magpie (she "Loves nail polish & beauty, pirates, mermaids and chow chows"), as well as Kaitlyn from FromRunwaysToRealways (A self-professed "beauty obsessed PhD student).
  • Display the Liebster Award widget on the side of your blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you ( I'm going to be answering 22, 11 from each blogger)
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 5-11 of your favourite blogger, who have less than 200 followers - share the love!
  • Make 11 questions, that you have been dying to ask, for your nominees.
  • Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
  • Post the rules.
And my nominees are:

  1. Becky from Pause For Polish
  2. Alessandra from The Sparkle Queen
  3. Tiffany from Polished To Precision
  4. Sandra from Petite & Polish
  5. Krystal from Miss Fancy Nails

My questions for them are:
  1. What inspired you to start a blog?
  2. If you could get any nail polish that your heart desired, what would it be?
  3. What was your favourite beauty trend of 2013?
  4. What do you think will be the newest 2014 beauty trend?
  5. What is the longest amount of time that you have spent doing your makeup or your nails?
  6. What is a blog goal that you are striving to reach this year
  7. How many bottles of nail polish do you own?
  8. When you aren't blogging, what can you be found doing?
  9. Which movie do you think will win the Oscar for "Best Picture"?
  10. What one beauty product can you not say no to?
  11. Give me your number 1, must-read book suggestion.

Here are Kaitlyn's questions:

    1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
      I wanted it to have something to do with a quote about nails, and everything witty that I could think of was taken!
    2. If you could only wear clothes from one store/one designer for the rest of your life, which/who would it be?
      Saks Fifth Avenue - I went there once to look around, and it was HUGE.  They had everything I would ever want to wear.  I could never afford it, but this is a "money is no object" kind of question, right?
    3. What is your favourite beauty product to purchase?
      Nail polish!  I can't say no.
    4. What is your favourite type of blog post to read?
      Beauty blogs, or pop culture blogs.
    5. Favourite trip you've ever gone on - details please!
      I haven't had the chance to travel much, but I did get the chance to go to Washington, D.C., which I loved!  I was really excited to see all of the historical statues and buildings.
    6. Favourite movie of all time?
      Gah, dont make me choose, Kaitlyn!  Hmmm.....Mean Girls.
    7. Do people tell you that you look like a certain celebrity? If so, who? If not, who would you like people to say you look like?
      I was once told that I looked like Emma Roberts, but I'm pretty sure it was because we happened to have been rocking the same hair-do at the time.  She's beautiful, and talented, so I'll take it.
    8. You are in a rush in the morning. What is your go-to outfit and beauty look?
      Jeans and a t-shirt, minimal beauty stuff - concealer, do my brows, and maybe some tinted lip balm.
    9. What is your favourite type of music and why?
      While I love all kinds of music, at this very moment I'm digging country, and it's DEFINITELY thanks to the show "Nashville" - you should all watch it!
    10. What is something you've always wanted to learn but haven't yet?
      I've always wanted to learn sign language - I've been trying to learn it for a while, on my own, but I'd love to enroll in some classes, and learn from a professional.
    11. What is your dream job and why?
      Rockstar, because....why not?
My 2 nominators had a few similar questions, so here are the rest of Kirby's questions, that weren't doubles:
  1. What nail polish color can you not resist buying?
    Crelly glitters, hands down.
  2. Your house is burning down/you're on a deserted island/you're being abducted by aliens, etc....which 5 polishes would you take with you?
    Glam Polish in "Funhouse", Glamn Polish in "Total Eclipse", Color Club in "Cosmic Fate", Revlon in "Facets of Fuchsia", and Zoya in "Payton".
  3. What inspired you to get into nail polish in the first place?
    I saw some indie colours online, and saw all of the different colour combinations, and possibilities, so I wanted to join the party.
  4. What technique have you struggled with in the past and now mastered?
    Gradient.
  5. What technique do you still struggle with?
    Water Marbling.
  6. What is your favorite type of manicure to do?
    Leopard print!
  7. How do you organize/keep track of your polishes?
    I have a 7-drawer Sterilite storage unit, that I keep my beauty products in.
  8. What commercial brand is your favorite?
    Revlon, but Zoya is currently giving them a run for their money.
  9. What indie brand is your favorite?
    So many to choose from, I love Glam Polish, and as far as ones that I have been admiring from afar.....Indigo Bananas!  Seriously, have you SEEN "Hot Ice Cream For Cold Days"?

    *Update*  I forgot my random facts!  Here we go:
    1)  I have a cat named Frak.
    2)  In 2013, I crossed off a task on my bucket list - "Be a contestant on a game show."
    3)  My newest beauty addiction is lipstick - my collection is becoming too much for me to handle.
    4)  I was a University cheerleader, and absolutely loved it!
    5)  I hate tomatoes and zucchinis.
    6)  I own the entire series of 30 Rock on DVD.
    7)  My shoe size in high heeled shoes in 1.5 sizes smaller than my regular, sneaker/boot size.
    8)  Growing up, I never owned any video game system, more advanced than a Game Boy.
    9)  I LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day.
    10)  My favourite tv shows as a child were Lambchop's Play Along, and Under the Umbrella Tree.
    11)  I love to cook and bake.

    2 comments:

    1. Thank you for the nomination!!! But just so you know… you forgot your 11 random facts!!! :( I wanted to read them!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Gah! It was so wordy, I didn't even realize that I forgot it - I'll do it now :)

        Delete

    Disqus