Tuesday, 26 January 2016

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer review

Happy Reviews-Day Tuesday, peeps!  I'm back with a makeup review, complete with product details, swatches, and before & after pictures (Eeek!  First time posting a makeup-free/totally broken-out selfie on the blog).


MAKE UP FOR EVER is introducing concealers to their range of Ultra HD products.

The MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer* range contains 10 concealers that are divided into two categories - 'Color correcting' (to neutralize dark circles, and counterbalance discoloration & blue tones), and 'Conceal' (to conceal imperfections, even out skintone, and to brighten the under eye).


The revolutionary Ultra HD Concealer visibly illuminates and brightens the eye contour, leaving the eyes looking radiant and refreshed, with the help of these key ingredients:

  • Lamellar structure pigments that reflect and diffuse light, erasing under eye shadows and blurring imperfections 
  • An anti-dark circle complex comprised of green algae and amino acids to help conceal and correct, combined with a radiance booster comprised of an Asian berry extract that helps stimulate collagen production to brighten and smooth the skin 
  • A 3D elastomer gel to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines

The one-of-a-kind nozzle tip allows the product to be applied directly to the skin, then blended out with your fingers.


I used Y23, which is from the 'conceal' category.



Although this concealer is aimed at helping hide under eye circles, it is also aims to even out discolouration, which is perfect for me, since I've been dealing with a bad skin allergy.  My allergy is almost healed up, but there is still some redness and breakouts that have been left behind.

Before:

Before wearing any makeup.

After:



I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Base Correcting Primer, then lightly buffed out Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation all over my face.  Then I applied MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer in 'Y23' over my blemishes and any area that was affected by my allergy (mainly under neath my nose, and on my chin), and blended it out with my finger, using dabbing motions.

I am very impressed with this concealer.  I mean, the proof is in the pudding.  It totally hid the red-ness - people couldn't tell that I had been sporting a massive breakout.  In fact, I even got compliments on how nice my skin looked.

To give you a better understanding of what Y23 looks like, here is a comparison swatch, next to the concealers I currently use in my routine.


A little goes a long way with this concealer, so you have to be careful not to squeeze out too much.  Because it's a bit thick, if you apply too much, it will crease, so use a light hand.  I'll definitely be busting this concealer out any time I need to hide my breakouts.

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Concealer retails at $32.00 and is available January 2016 exclusively at all Sephora stores across Canada and makeupforever.ca

Thanks for stopping by, until next time, toodles! - Shawna

*PR Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus