Thursday, 28 July 2016

MAC Brant Brothers Eyeshadow Quad in '4 Pillars' - Review and Swatches

This summer one of MAC's many releases is the Brant Brothers Collection - a collection of pieces inspired by "toast of the fashion scene", and sons of model Stephanie Seymour, Peter and Harry Brant.

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches

This unisex collection is neutral, and sleek.

The eyeshadow quad '4 Pillars' contains four neutral shadows ('Mother's Milk', 'Sandstone', 'Mystery', and 'Carbon'), housed in a glossy black compact, with a matte Brant Brothers signature.

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches 2

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches arm swatch

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches arm swatch

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches 5

I started by lightly blending 'Sandstone' above my crease.  Then I applied 'Mother's Milk' onto the inner 2/3 of my eyelid, and 'Sandstone' onto the outer 1/3 of my eyelid.  I gently applied a small dab of 'Carbon' on the outer v, and blended it downward towards my upper lash line.  Finally, I blended 'Sandstorm' onto the outer 2/3 of my lower lash line.

mac brant brothers eyeshadow quad 4 pillars review swatches 4
Also wearing Bite Beauty 'Violet'

I like that MAC has made a unisex collection that contains the basics, however I wasn't impressed with the formula of the shadows - they were quite chalky, and weren't as pigmented as I'd expect MAC shadows to be (I'm looking at you, 'Carbon').  If I were to pick one thing to improve this quad, aside from the pigmentation, I'd swap out one of the brown shadows with something that had a bit more pizzazz, like maybe an ashy grey.

You can find the MAC Brant Brothers Eyeshadow Quad in '4 Pillars' for $43.50 CAD/$33 USD at MAC counters and online.

Press samples featured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus