Monday, 17 September 2012

Dupe of the Day Review - Whimsical

'Dupe of the Day' will be a blog post where I try to find cheaper knockoffs of the expensive nail polishes that I can't bring myself to pay for, and let you know if it's worth purchasing.  As some of you know, I am OBSESSED With Deborah Lippman brand nail polishes.  They're everything I love in a good polish:  super glittery, shiny, and named after celebrities and some of my favourite songs.  What I don't love is the fact that a single bottle will rack me up about 20 bucks.

This particular polish is a knockoff of Deborah Lippman's "Glitter in the Air".  Made by Revlon, "Whimsical" is an almost transparent blue base with mini and hexagonal baby blue and baby pink glitter.  I had high hopes for this one, but was a bit let down since it was so sheer - which means it had to be layered over a similar coloured, more solid polish.

Verdict - Skip it.  It looks great in the bottle, but it's a real let-down when you realize how transparent it is.  In addition, you really have to fish for the larger pieces of glitter.



Base - Pure Ice (974 CP) "A List"
Top Coat - 2 coats - Revlon (430) "Whimsical"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus