Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Cargo 'Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette 01' - Review, Swatches, and Look

Sometimes you go to your local drugstore to peruse the beauty section, and you find a brand that you've never tried.  I know.  Me not familiar with a makeup brand?  The Humanity!  But that's the case with Cargo Cosmetics - I've seen the brand online, but I had never actually stopped to play with the products.  Well those days are gone, because I have finally tried something from Cargo!

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swacthes look

This is the Cargo Cosmetics Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette #01.

The palette has a cute city skyline design on the outside.  It comes with a matte base, a shimmer base, and six shadows (divided into categories - cool vs. warm, then divided into light, medium, and dark shades).  It also comes with a great big mirror, and wastes no space with any applicators (THAT'S how you do it!).

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swacthes look

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swacthes look

For the look below I applied the matte base.  Then, I applied 'Cool Light' into my crease, 'Cool Medium' onto my lid, and 'Cool Dark' into the inner corner, and blended it through.

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swatches look

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swatches look
Also wearing Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in 'Kim K.W.' (Review HERE)

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swatches look

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swatches look

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette review swatches look

I have to say that I wasn't totally dazzled by this palette - it was so-so, for me.  I like how the colours are laid out, and I like that the shades are different from your typical warm and cool looks.  But with that being said, I still think that this palette lacked the wow factor.  Because the colours are fairly basic, you think I might recommend this for a beginner beauty lover, however, I wouldn't because I don't think these shades would be universally flattering to various skintones.  In addition, the formulation of the powders, weren't my cup of tea - a bit chalky, and sheer at times.

All in all, even though I like the layout and the concept, I think this palette sort of missed the mark.  The palette also comes in #02, which I think might be more up my alley shade-wise, as it includes some pinks, and jewel-tones.

You can find the Cargo 'Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette' for $39 CAD at London Drugs, Rexall/PharmaPlus and Lawtons across Canada, and $28 USD at Ulta, Kohl's, and the Cargo Cosmetics website.

Press samples featured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus